Thursday, November 14, 2013

The Apple

I am reading Crave and it is asking the question. Does God make us Crave? Yes Does God make us crave food? No! I am asking myself today if I was Eve would I fall for the same lies that snake told. Yes. I believe I deserve food. I believe it is not fair that other people do not have to diet and I do. I believe that no one cares if I am fat so why can't I enjoy a cookie or a piece of cake. What if the world ended tomorrow and I did not have that piece of cake today? It is not about that piece of cake. It is about why I think that piece of cake will make me happy. Why I think eating that piece of cake will make me feel good about myself. Why I think that piece of cake can make me a better person. If I don't have that piece of cake what will happen?
If I don't give in to that craving for something sweet, If I don't eat that candy bar or have a coke, what will my life be like. After I eat I am so wise. I know exactly what I should do and exactly what I am going to do next time. If I take that after wisdom and apply it to before wisdom, maybe must maybe the scale will move the right way. May instead of eating that candy bar, going to the store to buy it because I have nothing sweet in my house. Just maybe I can be the wise person I think I am after I have that candy, or cookie or any thing I can think of to satisfy that craving. God made us to crave him, not the apple that was good to the eye. Not that choc candy that calls my name. Craving food because it will make me happy, helps me when I am sad and nothing can do when I am mad. Would it be too hard to think about why I am happy, sad or mad and take it to God and let God teach me how to be all things with Him and Through Him and not use poor choices to make us feel better. We are afraid (in we I mean me) to look in the mirror to see what person is there but when we look we might find that , that person is not as bad as we thought. Maybe that person is just waiting for us to see her and not the things others have said or that we thought they said. Why are we living our lives believing in what may or may not of been said about us. If some one said any thing bad about a friend we would stand and fight. So let's stand and fight for us.
Who does God say I Am
Margie the forgiven child of God Romans 3:24
Margie the set-free child of God Romans 8:1-2
Margie the accepted child of God 1 Corth 1:2
Margie the holy child of God         1 Corth 1:30
Margie the made-new child of God 2 Corth 5:17
Margie the loved child of God       Eph 1:4
Margie the close child of God       Eph 2:13
Margie the confident child of God Eph 3:12
Margie the victorous child of God Romans 8:37
Most Important in all of these is that Margie Is A Child of God
Margie is made-new child of God
So if she is made new, then why is she still living her same old life.
Why is she still eating that apple because it looks good?
Is it okay to eat an apple, yes.
Is it okay to eat an apple because you are sad, mad, happy, or just needed something? No!
Question Why Ask God Why Don't keep doing what you are doing and wishing and hoping things will change.
Dream Big! God has Big Things for You, learn what he has by questioning why you do the old things
you do. Is it because the pot was  not big enough( old story on why a family cut the end off of the roast).
BELIEVE IN YOURSELF! BELIEVE IN GOD! BELIEVE YOU CAN BE BETTER!
BELIEVE YOU CAN CHANGE IF YOU JUST TRY.

No comments:

Post a Comment